Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Crazy-man Wish.

Just now I went out to dump some peelings in the compost. It's a nice, mostly clear night. I heard, thousands of feet up, the cries of snow geese on their way back from Siberia. I ran inside to pry my son from the tv knowing daughter would follow, by herself immovable but not wanting to be left out of something fun involving dad and brother.

We stood in the dark and listened and all the tv rubbish left their heads for a minute.

I want to be able to push a button that forces everyone to run from their houses and listen to the sky. That is my crazy-man wish.

1 comment:

Wanderin' Weeta said...

Well, I went out at midnight, just because of your post. I didn't hear anything in the sky; the traffic was still too loud. On the other hand, I saw my old friend the spider by the birdhouse, getting fatter by the minute, and a snail climbing the wall towards the light. And the miniature fuschias, still blooming, looked like red raindrops.