Friday, October 26, 2007

A visitation.

Last night I was tossing and turning. A light came on down the hall, in what we refer to as the the computer room, so I got up to investigate. It was from outside -- the neighbour's motion-activated security light. I looked out the window. Smack in the middle of the pool of light was a cat, staring up at me with its vertically elliptical pupils, which gave it an immediate advantage over a circular-pupilled primate.


It was a stare-off, which I had briefly to abandon in order to grab my camera. Click. On it went for several minutes, and then it seemed the cat became melancholy. It looked away, then stared at the pavement. Click. "What is it, spooky cat? What's wrong?"


I switched to the viewer of the camera to see if the cat even showed up in the pictures. When I looked out the window again, cat was gone, like a ghost.

Or a cat.



And as a follow-up to yesterday's post, yes, we did have our first frost of the season overnight. Not a heavy frost, but enough to hasten the leaf-fall.

No comments: