Thursday, November 8, 2007

Strange orange glow in the southern sky.

Strange orange glow in the southern sky.

My brother-in-law phoned at dinner time to report a strange orange glow in the southern sky. I ran upstairs and looked out a window. There was a strange orange glow in the southern sky. I suspected it had something to do with the moon and the low, wavy clouds, but as a man of science could only say for certain that it was a strange orange glow in the southern sky.

I turned on the local news, and the handsome man was saying that their station was being inundated with calls about the strange orange glow in the southern sky. The station had its traffic helicopter up in the air, and was showing footage of massive greenhouses down in Delta filled with bright orange light, the supposed source of the strange orange glow in the southern sky.

But I dunno. That was a lot of southern sky to fill with a strange orange glow, no matter how massive your greenhouses. Gradually it faded away, and now it is gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you are located but tonight about 6 pm CST, (11/14/07) in the eastern sky over NW Florida, I saw a strange orange glow in the pitch black sky. Trying to figure out if anyone else locally has commented on and came across your blog entry.

A Local Naturalist said...

I am in southern British Columbia, and the glow has been attributed to giant greenhouses in Delta BC, which seems to be the correct answer.

Good luck solving your mystery.

Anonymous said...

I am in Livingston, Scotland (15 miles west of Edinburgh) It's 0251GMT (17/01/08) here and in the Northern Sky I have an orange glow on just above the horizon.

I don't know if it could be seasonaly related to what you guys already have. I'm spooked though!

Anonymous said...

I have seen something similar. I live in Henderson, Texas. Just one Very Bright, Orange Light. It Did not move but it rotated. This was on October 22, 2008 around 6:42 PM just when I was getting back from a friends house on my bike, which is just a 3 mile ride. It was nearing dark though then I saw that Light. At first it had a capsule look to it, not much of a glow then it started to brighten up. It was not a star, Was not a radio tower because I would have seen a rod. I know what an airliner is and that was not an airliner. The sun was nowhere to be seen. This light glowed like a star except it actually turned. Something big that size you would hear a sound but there was none, It just hovered. Then when it turned it decreased in size then just vanished. I'd love to have someone say it was a sunset because the sun does not disappear at that rate of speed behind clouds, I'd give you a big smack.So, I have asked around and so far I have only got 1 eye witness, which is my bus driver. Yet, he had no clue on to what it was. I am currently asking around about it.

Anonymous said...

Person in Livingston, it's Grangemouth, I'm in Linlithgow and three nights in the last three weeks they have been what i assume is buring excess something or other? there is a lovely hum in the air to accompany it.