Friday, July 18, 2008

Hosing.

Because of the relentless heat I thought it a good plan to hose down the front garden, which gets a big hit of sun this time of year. Family was asleep. I would stand outside with a cold beer, spraying a hose. Honestly, if that isn’t the best thing. The hose bib is on the side of the garage, in the little space next to the neighbour’s driveway. Apart from attaching a hose, there’s no reason for anyone, human or otherwise, to be in that little space.

I was having trouble attaching the hose. I kept cross-threading it. The neighbour’s cat tickled past my ankle. I looked down at it.

“Oh,” I said. "Would you mind waiting while I get my camera?" Then I ran away.


Mephitis mephitis, the good end.

3 comments:

Wren said...

LOL - "the good end" indeed. Consider yourself a lucky man, Hugh! You not only got a great look at a skunk, an up close photo, and a great story, you did not reap the consequences of scaring the critter.

Cicero Sings said...

Weren't you lucky it just tickled your leg!!

Laurie Fischer said...

LOL - I actually did laugh out loud! You are a lucky person my friend!