Sunday, January 25, 2009

So long, Year of the Rat.


Today we went to a restaurant in Vancouver for a family lunch in celebration of Chinese Lunar New Year. On the way home we stopped at a winery that sells frozen blueberries. We purchased many pounds, enough to last us through the winter. After loading the berries into the trunk, I walked to the edge of the parking lot to take a picture through the chain link fence. It was a cold but beautiful day, so welcome after what we’ve been through.

Yesterday I was at the Richmond Nature Park, where there were Norway Rats gambolling beneath the bird feeders. I got lovely close-up rat pictures (if that’s possible), and considered writing a post about the last day of the Year of the Rat.

I suppose that is what I have done, and I probably made the right choice-- including a picture of the view from the winery parking lot rather than a close-up of a rat.

Happy Year of the Ox.

4 comments:

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Have to say, after working in a nursery for so long, rats are not my favorite.

The winery shot is lovely. Where can I buy some of those frozen blueberries?

Jen

Hugh said...

Hi Jen,

Sanduz winery, Blundell & Sidaway in Richmond.

Cicero Sings said...

I bought 35 lbs of blueberries in the late summer. I'm still well supplied. Still, nice to know one can get them if they needs them!!! So what's the wine like at the winery? ... you didn't say???

D is an Ox! I guess it is HIS year. (I'm NOT a rat! .. LOL)

Karen said...

I was thinking of putting in a few blueberry plants in pots for this summer, and was wanting an evergreen variety, but this photo has made me wonder if I should get deciduous ones - so lovely! You must have a big freezer, another thing on my wish list...