Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Resolution that's its own reward.

I don't think I've ever made a NewYear's resolution before, but this year I did. It was a very good resolution, in my opinion, mainly for the reason that it's very easy to keep. And this is what it was:

Every morning, before you look at your computer, look out the window.


Ta-dah!

When it isn't foggy, and sometimes even when it is, the real world is worth a first look.

I didn't notice as I took the picture, but there are linear shadows stretching up into the clouds. The sun is rising from behind mountains in northern Washington State. Are the peaks casting the shadows?

A bit more of the same.

Look out the window, let the fog shine in.

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

My most favorite time of day. I sit and wait every day to see the sun rise. Beautiful pictures! Hope it turned out to be a nice day.

jodi (bloomingwriter) said...

Normally, I do look out the window first thing, because as you've seen if you've been visiting, we have some rather awesome vistas. My husband is retired from lobster fishing and looks down at the sea every morning. "I have to make eye-contact with it before I can get on with my day," he told me some years ago. I perfectly understand.

Karen said...

I'm not up at sunrise much but that's a great resolution. I usually do not keep it, since I tend to turn on the computer first thing with the curtains closed. I'm gonna try to do as you do from now on. Thanks for the reminder!