Saturday, March 28, 2009

Less rain, more chocolate.

Today we went to the Purdy's Chocolate Factory in Vancouver for our annual pre-Easter provisioning. Things were getting a little out of hand in the small factory-store, so I stepped outside into the drizzle. In between bites of a delicious coffee-flavoured chocolate bar, I took a picture of this magnolia. From now on, when I see opening magnolias of this colour, I will taste coffee-flavoured chocolate.

Back home, I walked around the garden, urging it to ignore the cold--to wake up! The stalwart columbines were the farthest along, and look at that---their unfurling leaves hold tiny worlds.

Pretty, but still ... Less rain, more chocolate!

5 comments:

perennialgardener said...

I could use a little less rain right now too Hugh. But thanks for getting me craving chocolate. ;)

Town Mouse said...

I'd like more rain, by myself, but I agree with you on more chocolate ;->

Karen said...

Funny how scent and taste are the most enduring sensual triggers. That association will probably be with you for life. Not a bad one!

GardenJoy4Me said...

Hugh .. I am trying to avoid chocolate this Easter (I have been so naughty) but I can see this is going to be DIFFICULT with everyone eating and talking about CHOCOLATE !!! .. Pretty columbine : ) .. I have Black Barlow, which is my favorite : )

Kim and Victoria said...

I would say less snow, more chocolate! ;-)