Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Do over!

While I was crouched down, photographing waterlilies, my son said, "I see a bird coming."

"What kind of bird?" I asked, switching to the macro setting.

"Hmm, I dunno. It could be some kind of hawk. Here it comes..."

I looked up.






Arrgh. I almost always have the camera in "sport" mode, for the rapidfire clickclickclick exposures. It's when I've just switched to macro that a Northern Harrier flies a few feet above my head.

Click......click.......click.


3 comments:

spinyurchin said...

Oh, I see your camera comes equipped with "Exasperation Settings" as well.

Carol said...

I think they have good hearing and when they recognise a click ..they fly in..it usually happens to me just as I shut it off.

www.wildlifearoundus.blogspot.com

Kim and Victoria said...

Arrghh indeed. Still, nice shots.