Monday, August 3, 2009

Potent-illa.

This ruby-red Potentilla is a pleasing plant. Nothing else in the garden is this colour.

Nothing else growing out from between the paving bricks is this colour either. This plant self-seeded two years ago and thrives without watering in blazing heat, its roots in sand, squished between bricks. I meant to dig it out early this spring and plant it somewhere kinder, but I procrastinated. Despite this, the plant grows. It's next to the bench where I sit and read. I figure it now deserves to stay there. It's happy, and pretty, and I'm lazy.

2 comments:

Wanderin' Weeta said...

"... and I'm lazy."

Good enough reason, all on its own.

Wonderful colour, too!

Karen said...

Not lazy, just using your resources for something more important (i.e. reading) instead of moving an already-happy plant. Very Buddhist of you, or something.