Saturday, January 9, 2010

Guardian.

I was proud of my weather frog, until I came across this guy. Actually, there was a pair of them, on either side of the driveway, and I believe that this one is a female. How does one tell? See the little creature beneath the paw? It's a cub. Momma lion is playing with it.

Wikipedia says of Guardian Lions: "The male lion has his right paw on a ball, which represents the "Flower of life." The female is essentially identical, but has a single cub under her left paw, representing the cycle of life... According to feng shui, when facing the entrance the male lion with the globe should be placed on the right with the female on the left."

2 comments:

Teresa said...

It never ceases to amaze me what there is to learn about. I have seen these before and had no idea there was any significance at all. Thanks for educating me. It is very interesting.

Karen said...

What about library lions, or are those all just dudes?