Thursday, March 25, 2010

Me dumb.

Our son has been obsessed with all things Star Wars since Christmas. Recently, when we were at the Reifel Bird Sanctuary, I pointed across the foreshore and said, "Uh-oh, Imperial Walkers are coming out of the fog."

He looked at the distant machines and started listing anatomical reasons why those things definitely were not Imperial Walkers.

He is turning into quite the science nerd. I swear I don't know where that comes from.

BTW, those are cranes at the Roberts Bank Superport, which kind of sounds like "spaceport."

Very different from the other cranes we saw that day.

2 comments:

Pablo said...

In the run up to the Olympics, I heard that the national bird of China was the crane. I liked the double meaning of that reference.

. . . Lisa and Robb . . . said...

I've heard that George Lucas and crew modeled the walkers on shipping cranes.