Saturday, July 31, 2010

Return of the Agapanthus.

I squinted at it. I poked at it with a stick. I had no idea what it was.

A faint voice somewhere in the back of my cranium whispered, "You planted it, years ago, but it only flowered once. You wrote it off, another dud perennial."

Unbeknownst to me, all these years it may have been sending out strappy monocot leaves, similar to those of surrounding monocot kin, Crocosmia, Schizostylis*, and Siberian Iris.

Now, warily, it raises itself from a sun-baked garden, only to be poked at with a stick.

Welcome back, Aggie.

For a diverse and dazzling collection of plant-related posts all in one plot, visit the 30th edition of Berry Go Round at Brainripples, exquisitely crafted by Jade Blackwater.


*Also known as the more appealing "Hesperantha."

1 comment:

KaHolly said...

You make me laugh!