Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hovercraft preferences and considerations.

If I owned a hovercraft, it too would be a red one so people would notice. In the grocery store, people behind me in line would whisper, "That guy drives a hovercraft."

Or, were I a member of the Hovercraft Squad, on days when I was in charge I would drive the hovercraft all the way home.  (I live on a pancake-flat island, well-suited for hovering.)  Neighbours might complain about the noise, but then again, many of them use gas-powered landscaping instruments.

In the evenings, once important blogging was completed, I would snag the keys from the peg on the wall and call to my wife, "I'm just going out for a hover."  And then I would waft about the neighbourhood somewhat noisily.

6 comments:

Sally said...

And it matches the new theme too!

I agree with Aunt Debbi; too late for me too! Fudge...

Patricia Lichen said...

Why have I never thought to consider my own hovercraft preferences? Glad you shared yours.

Trailblazer said...

LOL!

Would everyone like to just go "out for a hover"!

Cicero Sings said...

Aren't you just a hoot. Would never have thought to go hovering around the neighbourhood! But a good retaliation to those gas-powered landscaping instruments used by the neighbours ... usually far too early on a Saturday morn.

Seagull Steve said...

I really like the idea of using "hovercraft" as a verb. Wafting about is good too though.

Victoria said...

This post made me smile. I'm trying to picture hovering down No. 3 Road...