Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bedtime treat for the kiddies (and anyone else).

Richmond-Vancouver area folks: Tonight looks like a good one for watching a relatively long flyover by the International Space Station.

If I am reading this table correctly, it should pass from roughly southwest to roughly east-northeast starting at 9:29 PM, a 6-minute pass.

Clear skies, space station, serenade by bat detector.

I shall be standing in the wading pool, looking up.


UPDATE:

Was observed with neighbours and neighbours' children.  Assessment:  too small,  way too slow, and boring, should have jumped into hyperspace.

2 comments:

sarah said...

I went to high school with a guy who's spent months on the ISS. But I haven't had a chance at a flyover! Lucky you!

Tim said...

I've seen the ISS once before, and would've liked to see it again. Too bad I'm reading this too late.