Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hiatus interrupted: autumn.

It was a nice day, so I de-chaired and went for a ride. Look what I found.  A hill! There is almost no natural relief in this pancake city.  Richmond children swarm onto hills, laughing like tiny maniacs. For flatlanders, even modest, man-made hills are magical.  I glide down the far side.  Weee!

An ash-leaf carpet rises.

And look! Northwestern Crows are leaf-flipping, searching for what I'm not sure.  They are usually suspicious and quick to flee, but whatever they were seeking was so compelling that they ignored me as I rode on by.

Gleaners among long shadows.

4 comments:

JoLynne Lyon said...

Glad you're back. I like the fall photos.

Samantha said...

I love crows..watching them spook over everything makes me laugh.

Heidi Van Impe said...

One of them probably dropped their keys...

Earl Cootie said...

Beautiful! That first photo makes me so happy - in melancholy, October sort of way.