Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hiatus.


I won't be posting for a while, unless I accidentally do.

I'm on a writing jag.  I'm working on a third novel likely never to be published, a story that began gestating back in March when I was on a boat, periodically checking our yellow-dot progress on the tiny tv in our room as we headed south down the Baja Peninsula. I was frequently reminded of my land-based trip down that peninsula with a potential graduate advisor, which almost killed me.

Riding on a boat can kill you too, lots of ways. 

I find it hard to write and blog at the same time, because much of my blogging requires I mount up on my bike and spend half a day riding somewhere to find something to blog about, and half the time I do that I fail to find anything blogworthy.  (I've grown pickier, less likely to yank my camera from my backpack.)  I return home, tired and uninspired.

It's the rainy season, writing time. I'll do my best.

Keep well,

Hugh

9 comments:

Susannah (Wanderin' Weeta) said...

I hope it rains a lot!

And that, when you get the story done, you post it, or make an E-book, or find a publisher in a hurry.

I love your writing.

Kim said...

I'll miss your posts! I don't comment very often anymore (even though I like to comment...) but I enjoy reading them! Good luck with your novel!

JoLynne Lyon said...

Best wishes on your writing, I know it can be hard to blog and write a novel at the same time! I wish you smooth waters, but if they're rough they'll at least give you "material."

biobabbler said...

aw, good for you, GLAD you are on a writing jag. =) You aren't by any chance, going to participate in nanowrimo, are you? (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) I found it helpful re: cranking out pages, and getting through scenes I wasn't excited about. However, since this is your 3rd, I'm sure you know what works.

Best to you, hope it's great and productive, and will be psyched when your back, and report up. =)

xobb

Hugh said...

Thanks all, for the kind comments and encouragement. BB, I hadn't intended to partake in nanowrimo (which is fun to say aloud), but I see how that could keep you in your chair. From previous experience, I think I can finish the first draft in a couple of months.

Bring on the rain.

Heidi said...

Whaaaat! You just can't just...up..and leave...aghhhh!
Sigh
Good luck and see you soon.

Heidi
(a.k.a. Spinyurchin)

Patricia Lichen said...

Well shoot, I'll miss your clever blogs. But congrats on launching your next novel!

Seagull Steve said...

Good luck with the novel Hugh, we'll be waiting for your return!

Eskarina said...

May the wind be always at your back!

Good luck!