Sunday, March 25, 2012

Feeder wars.

Mr. Shoulder Patches is having a fit, which I cannot portray properly because I cannot synchronize the shutter button of my camera with his open-billed shrieks.  You will never guess what he is mad about, ever.

He's mad at another bird so phylogenetically distant that he might as well be an iguana or a yak.  He definitely doesn't speak redwing.

Here's the guy:


Yes, handsomest of the ducks is hogging the bird feeder.


This is what happens when you feed birds.  Things go off-kilter, including, apparently, the feeder itself.

5 comments:

Seagull Steve said...

That's hilarious Hugh...that can't be a bird many people have on their feeder list.

I'm going to put up a hummingbird feeder at my new place here in San Diego, fingers crossed for more than a couple species of customers.

Camera Trap Codger said...

That's a good chuckle.

Kim said...

Great pictures! I love the duck!

KaHolly said...

You're too funny. Life through your eyes......glad you have a blog. Never saw a wood duck in a bird feeder before. Pure desperation?

Patricia Lichen said...

A wood duck in a feeder?! Good thing you travel around with your trusty camera.