Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday bird.

Here's a lifer for me. It's not a rare bird by any means, and it's perhaps odd that I hadn't seen one before, despite living out here for almost 20 years.   Every morning at Skaha Lake, a family of Clark's Nutcrackers flew around from pine to pine, attacking cones and squawking like mad.

Most of the time they remained up high, hard to see.

But this one dropped down to say hello, which was nice.  It was 7AM, and my birthday. It's good to get a lifer on your birthday.

8 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Almost makes life worth living another year. Happy Birthday to you ... and many more lifers over the year.

Hugh said...

Thanks CS.

sarah said...

Happy birthday! What a great present!

Hugh said...

Thanks Sarah.

JoLynne Lyon said...

Great find, and happy birthday!

Lisen said...

Arrived here by via "Nature Notes." Got stuck, for hours, reading the interpreters stories, which was the next best thing to any bestsellers!

Thank you and, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

KaHolly said...

What a great birthday treat!!

Kim said...

Happy birtday! Great pictures too...I was up in the mountains in Colorado one day and one of these birds tried to steal a granola bar out of my hand. I thought I was being attacked!